Friday 27 September 2013

Kashmiri Rogan Josh

I’m a great fan of TLC Channel I love Indian food made easy. Yesterday when I’m watching one of its episode, I come across this recipe. Instant I took notes of it for my reference. I thought to post it for sake of other viewers. I will upload picture after I try this till that here is the recipe……….

Kashmiri Rogan Josh
Ingredients
ingredients
Quantity
Mutton or lamb
½ kg
Onion
2 large size
Tomato
2 medium size
Green cardamom
2
Black cardamom
2
Pepper corn
1 tsp
Cinnamon
1 inch
Star anise
1
Ginger
1 piece
Garlic
6-8 pods
Cumin powder
1 tsp
Fennel powder
1 tsp
Coriander powder
1 tsp
Cream or yogurt
1 cup
Salt
As required
Water
As Required
Oil
As required
Coriander
For garnishing

Preparations
  • Cut lamb into pieces with bone
  • Clean it with water and turmeric powder(my tip for cleaning lamb it take raw smell from mutton)
  • Cut onion into thin slice.
  • Make ginger garlic paste.
  • Make tomato puree.

Methods
  • Heat oil in a pan.
  • Add black green cardamom, cinnamon, star anise sauté it.
  • Add Chopped onion, gg paste to it sauté till onion becomes translucent.
  • Add mutton with some salt sauté for few minutes and close and cook for 10 MINUTES
  • Add tomato puree, cumin, coriander, fennel powder to it with some water.
  • Add cream at the end.
  • Garnish it with coriander.

Notes

  • We can add lime juice at the end also

No comments:

Post a Comment